I gave this a bit of thought too, and I think the easiest thing is to break
the interface and wrap all instances of non-closable iterators in a
closable one. That way we can delegate close down to the sources like
deepCopy does. I think Josh created a ticket for this; if not I will so we
don't derail this.

Also, in regards to the doodle thing, are we trying to set up like a cam
show or something? Personally I don't see the issue with us just listing
stuff here and having a discussion about it.