Let me clarify myself a bit, as I just had a chat session with Keith and Christopher...

The concern I have is that moving to Java1.7 (jdk or jre), the second bullet from below, is that this may force a departure from the typical lifecycle for Accumulo 1.5. If the collective "we" are happy with the potential to support Accumulo 1.5 and backport Accumulo 1.6 fixes/features to 1.5 as necessary for a period longer than we normally do this, that's fine.

As there is an unquantifiable risk that is inherit to Java 1.7 (as any new software), this is a real possibility. I haven't decided one way or the other, but I wanted to make sure that the proponents of Java1.7 are aware of such an impact.