On 06/12/2013 09:38 PM, Drew Farris wrote:
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
In your fix against 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT, you change some stuff with Logger, in
which you need to call Logger.foo(). You complete the changes and
1.4.4-SNAPSHOT works. When you go to merge to 1.5, hypothetically, say your
change in 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT which required a call to Logger.foo() is no longer
required because it's natively handled by the HDFS Logger implementation.
So, after I do the merge of my change from 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT into 1.5, do
I have a modified Logger in 1.5 that calls Logger.foo()? Does that
mean that I need to add another commit to 1.5 that reverts that
change?
Right, you should notice that with a compilation error though. Stopping git before it completes the merge (--no-commit) is best here as you can include these changes in the merge itself rather than having to make yet another commit.