I finally got a chance to read this as well. Thanks again Josh for
writing/maintaining this!

For the contributor workflow, I've always tried to avoid using "commit -a"
but instead use "git status" and separately stage files for commit with
"git add <directory> or <file>". I've seen people commit strange things by
accident and not notice until its too late. It's also easy to unstage items
before the commit is made so I may just be being picky.

In reference to the master being "stable". I've often seen projects use a
"master" and "next" branches where master is considered stable and "next"
is the unstable next-gen development branch. I've also seen groups do the
opposite and use "stable" and "master" where master is the unstable
next-gen development branch. As Chris pointed out, it seems like a semantic
argument and I'm partial to either one.

To John's point, I assumed since we were using the jira git plugin that
we'd be able to mark the ticket in the commit but it would be nice to note
this in the workflow somewhere.