Seems reasonable. Some of this should probably be in the
(non-existent) bylaws. Since we've not really made it a point to vote
on creation/amendment of bylaws, you could sneak in a paragraph that
says acceptance of this proposal for the 1.6.0 release process will
constitute agreement that these rules should be used to
initialize/amend the bylaws.

In essence, by doing that, we'd be lazily constructing the bylaws from
an accepted precedent. In the absence of votes that only amend bylaws
(outside of something specific to a release), this might be a good way
to go, so we don't have to suggest this process for every such vote.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii