If you need another vote, you can have my +1

I verified:

* good GPG sigs, sha1s, md5s
* source tarball and zip match git tag (except generated DEPENDENCIES
file, which is okay)
* HEAD of tag matches specified commit sha1
* tag builds reproducibly (mvn verify -P apache-release)
* can create new project from archetype in staging repo
* created project can build (mvn verify)
* created project can run MapReduce and shell commands in README
* no obvious problems in POM
* contents of jar files look fine

Encountered issues (not serious, can be improved in future releases or
not at all):

* not sure tarLongFileMode=gnu worked (file *.tar.gz still reports it
as "gzip compressed data, from FAT filesystem")
* unit test that starts mini should be IT instead

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii