I think the problem is that we're actually dealing with two flavors of lazy
consensus, one where you explicitly state "if no one disagrees by X then
I'm doing Y," and another where you do Y, and assume it is approved if no
one objects.  For the former, you need some kind of minimum length to
announce.  But for the latter, which is what happens under CTR, a length
doesn't make sense.  ASF documentation is not entirely clear on this
distinction (the examples of lazy consensus are all of the first type, but
it also says that CTR is an application of decision making through lazy
consensus).  That's why I think a good description of CTR would resolve the
issue.