I'm going to challenge the validity of that veto, because "solving the
underlying issue of race conditions in property updates" is not the
intended goal of the patch, or any stated side-effect. It also doesn't
preclude the pursuit of a solution for that issue. Comments about race
conditions for property updates was a related topic brought up in the JIRA
comments thread, not in the patch or the issue description. Rather, this
patch solves a very different problem: avoiding the need to alter
properties post-creation. This is an API improvement and helps in some
cases where properties are utilized immediately after creation, or anywhere
where somebody might want to create a table in fewer API calls.

In accordance with our bylaws, another committer must now verify the
validity of your veto.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii