Writing as an ASF member and at least emeritus or perhaps active (I
can't recall) member of this PMC, I would be very concerned if we felt
the need to move to some sort of majority voting scheme.

A healthy community does not suffer from such a volume of disagreement
about technical direction that it needs to be voting on very many
changes, let alone needing a majority voting scheme to resolve
irreconcilable differences. Vetos, in the usual Apache scheme of
things, should be _rare_ events.

In  RTC communities, sometimes changes take a long time to get to C if
they are controversial. A procedural short-cut to a majority isn't
fixing the problem, which is lack of consensus over direction, it's
hiding it.

I confess that I was not tuned into the start of all this; I strongly
recommend a rewind to the question of why there are enough
disagrements to motivate this proposal.