The rate is already slow, but I understand your point.

And, yes, you are correct, it would likely affect how far back
developers finding bugs in newer versions look to determine the oldest
affected version. In my view, that's a good thing, because it means
less wasted effort if nobody is using those older versions. It puts a
little more onus on users to report bugs against older versions when
they encounter them, rather than developers to assume it's worth going
back that far.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii