(sorry posting from phone)

I missed the run jdk7 artifacts on jdk8 comment: I am not concerned about
this case (Oracle worries about it for me). I am worried about jdk8
features being introduced in this hypothetical 2.0 which preclude users
from using jdk7 (for a primary reason of "I wanna us new shiny APIs!"
without concrete justification).

Christopher has so previously shared his concerns with me about obtaining
jdk7 packages from the internet. I do not think these are valid concerns to
present as justification for the change.