The ASF doesn't have a formal system on which we could reliably conduct
such a poll. This is just an informal open discussion with mailing list
subscribers. If somebody wanted to gather anonymous poll data and
contribute it to the discussion here, they are welcome to do that, and we
can consider its utility at that time if it happens, but I don't think it's
necessary to formalize a poll and add anonymity as a first attempt to get
feedback from users here. It's not a particularly sensitive question to ask
whether users would be impacted by the removal of any particular feature.
If users have sensitivities in answering, they can just be terse in their
response, respond privately off list, through a proxy, or not at all. We
can already expect that any responses will not be a complete picture
anyway, since not every user is subscribed to the mailing list. This is
just a best effort attempt to get some initial feedback.