The old/original console is no longer fit for purpose, it is hard to maintain,
the source of a lot of security issues [1] over the last few years.

There is another thread about using hawtio as the console going forward, and
without going into all the gory details it is probably likely that there may be
no web console shipped at all in future releases of ActiveMQ. The JMX naming
hierarchy was improved for ActiveMQ 5.8, such that its easy to view the running
status of an ActiveMQ broker from 3rd party tools such as jconsole, visualvm or
hawtio. Regardless of the outcome of the other discussion [2] - It doesn’t help
the ActiveMQ project to try and maintain a static web console any more.

I propose we remove the old web console from the ActiveMQ 5.10 release -
thoughts ?

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2714?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22XSS%22
[2] http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Default-Web-Console-td4675705.html