I just modified my test client application so that each client has a unique
subscription id.  Here is the new code:

String destID = String.format("%d", System.currentTimeMillis());
msg = "SUBSCRIBE\n";
msg = msg + "destination:" + topicName + "\n";
msg = msg + "id:" + destID + "\n";
msg = msg + "ack:auto\n";
msg = msg + "\n";
msg = msg + '\0';

I still see the same error.  When one of the clients ends, the other clients
start getting the “AMQ339001\c Destination does not exist\c
jms.topic.ACRS_Exit” error when they try to SEND a message to the JMS topic.

It all seems to work fine until one of the clients UNSUBSCRIBES, DISCONNECTS,
and shutdowns the socket.  All of the clients were receiving all of the
messages.

Here is some new information.  If I run multiple instances of my test client
application (the new one that has unique subscription IDs for each client) and
then I kill one using “ctrl-c” then I see the same error.  The other client
instance starts getting the “AMQ339001\c Destination does not exist\c
jms.topic.ACRS_Exit” error when it tries to SEND a message to the JMS topic.
Therefore, I don’t think the problem is related to the “UNSUBSCRIBE” or
“DISCONNECT” messages because they were never sent when the problem started.

Ed