Clebert-

That is a good start on the advisories. However, the real world use cases get complicated when there is mixed configuration based on destination names. Take the case when you need to haven different behavior for sets of destinations queue://Billing.> vs queue://Ordering.>.

advisoryForConsumed, advisoryForDelivery, advisoryForFastProducers, advisoryForSlowConsumers, advisoryWhenFull

Ref: http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html

Also, given that advisories are currently sent over topics, there are a number of use cases where you can almost never get the advisory (broker becomes master, etc) b/c of the race condition b/w the advisory and having to have an active topic subscriber. IIRC ActiveMQ doesn't support creating a durable subscription for advisories, which would help those scenarios.

It'd be handy to support Advisory notification as a plugin, so we could build advisory-to-log plugin, advisory-over-topic plugin, advisory-to-XX plugin, etc.

-Matt Pavlovich