On 12/20/16 4:14 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not trying to focus on the impl. My goal was to share how users are able
...configure advisories based on a group of destinations....

That to me is very, very specific to ActiveMQ5....
I am not sure you really need that on Artemis, do you?
Yep, its useful. IBM MQ can do the same on a per-destination basis. The benefit ActiveMQ 5.x has over IBM MQ is that you can apply a configuration based on a destination filter vs having to configure each queue individually.

  and that there is a
gap in Artemis from a functionality perspective.

Three different things:

1. The gap of specific Advisories/Notifications in Artemis v ActiveMQ 5

2. How Advisories/Notifications are implemented in Artemis plugin vs core
feature.

3. How Advisories/Notifications are configured in Artemis
That will be a different API, but that's totally possible to receive
notifications:

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.5.1/management.html

Instead of bringing a new API (Advisory) we could/should look at what
notifications are missing and implement them.
Yeah, I'm not married to a specific implementation. This management notification piece is new info to me. I was under the impression that Advisories of some sort (notifications in Artemis) were at 0% implemented. I need to dig into this some more.

There are a lot of cool *totally* new things I think we should/could
work on. for instance I'm trying to improve / fix message encoding
between different protocols (only re-encode a message when needed),
and making GC closer to zero by always reusing buffers... That will be
a killing feature... I'm not posting a DISCUSS about that yet as I'm
still battling over the code and how I am going to work on that. I
will post about it after my holiday's break.
+10000 eliminating memory copy of payload is super valuable

I didn't mean to sidetrack the Plugins discussion to Advisory/Notification.. now back to the plugins discussion ...