Sharing my perspective as someone who also would like to contribute more
often: I think that it be good.

I think that the Github messages create a lot of noise in the mailbox. It
requires constant cleaning/filtering and it is easy to miss discussions
about subjects that interest me and for which I would like to help.

--
Kind regards