there is a huge amount of work being a TLP, duplicate work, it seems a
completely preposterous suggestion to me.

I don't see problems if we can have clarity and appreciation for each
others work.

We have come along way,  today users have choice under the activemq
umbrella, there are now two openwire implementations; migration is an
option, a viable choice.
Let me give you all a concrete example:
 - Selector aware virtual topics on artemis can work better than on
5.x, that is what I was working on today. there is no need for the
selector cache plugin!
it is quite positive. alternatives are good and healthy. new
architectures present different possibilities.

My personal feeling is that there is lots more in common that in
difference between the brokers, and our users will be one and the same
over time, or they will go elsewhere.

I am delighted to see some activity on 5.x and look forward to seeing
how it evolves and being part of it.

Let's not make extra work unless it is for very good reason.
Let's continue to co exist and let users decide what stream they want
to adopt or when.

/gary