Just a tip if you would like to try the sources...

a good way to do this would be:

mvn install -Ppodman install

or

mvn install -Pdocker install

if you have either docker or podman installed, that will create an
image with the necessary bits to compile the native. and if you are on
linux the quick testsuite will also run it as part of it.

notice that if you are on a tmpfs or some other unique device type
some tests will fail (some tests will validate constraints used by
ext4 where a write on a position not multiple of 512 is supposed to
fail).

--
Clebert Suconic