In my opinion there is a bit of more work to do before 3.0 could be
released. For example:

 - Remove all deprecated methods, config, etc. (this is not a small amount
of work)
 - Update all the config with the new inclusive terms

Personally I don't really see how we could do the logging change on 2.x as
it's a breaking change. Folks won't be able to follow the normal upgrade
procedure [1] since it will break their logging configuration.

I also think that anything we want to remove in 3.0 should be deprecated
for at least 1 release of 2.x.

Justin

[1]
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/upgrading.html