Hello - Apache AMQ Support Team,

I am using ActiveMQ – 5.16.5 and 5.19.5 client libraries to hit ActiveMQ –
5.17.2 server in my Enterprise Application. Regarding this I have few below
questions regarding it backward compatibility –

  1.  Will ActiveMQ Server – 5.17.2 be backward compatible to ActiveMQ – 5.16.5
and 5.19.5 clients ?
  2.  My ActiveMQ clients are running on Java8 that will hit 5.17.2 Server
where Java11 is the requirement, will this going to create any compatibility
issues ?
  3.  Is there any backward compatibility matrix being maintained by Apache –
AMQ where I can check for compatibility configurations ?

I came across these support contacts on https://activemq.apache.org/contact.
Please let me know if I am sending my queries on the correct channel, or else
please help me to direct to the correct community support channels where I can
raise these questions.

Thanks
Kshitij Gupta
Senior Software Engineer