On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Eroma Abeysinghe <
eroma.abeysin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you have bottom up we will not be able to cancel unless there is a job
> available for that experiment right?

Hmm... dats true... when a Job is not available the Task would be the
bottom doing the preprocessing stuff for the job submission or post
processing stuff after job completion.

> Also few questions;
> 1. What do we really mean by canceling? is it just a status update?

Effectively a status update. But it will signal for interested parties what
is happenning. eg: gateway will knwo that its in the process of canceling
and GFacProvider knows it needs to perform actual cancellation if not
already done.

> OR
> 2. Are we going to stop all file transfers, delete any data file/file path
> existing in Airavata for that experiment/tasks/job?

I think thats what Raminder meant by the cleanup operations.

>  3. And also are we considering both single submission and workflows or
> is it just single submissions?

Personally right now I'm focusing  only on single submission. Atleast until
I get my bearings on how this new design will play-out with what we want.
Workflows will come next.

> If we are going to consider canceling of workflows then we need to extend
> cancelling to multiple tasks and jobs an experiment would have

Yep

> 4. Also we need to define what experiments we can cancel - IMO we don't
> need to bother with COMPLETED, CANCELED, UNKNOWN, FAILED experiments and
> similar statuses in tasks and jobs

Yes, I'll add that validation.