​Hi,

First of all thanks everyone for giving valuable inputs. After doing some
background search and talking to different people in the University who has
used different workflow languages, I myself convinced that introducing an
another workflow language is not what actually they need. By changing
exiting workflow language to another will not solve problems. What they
asking is a easy way to construct the workflows. Indirectly what they
asking for a sort of API which they can use to generate the workflows and
run it. Correct me if i am wrong here.

As most of above replies depict,  if we can get a simple API, as an
example, for a web based application, JavaScript API would be a good
solution, and probably JSON would be a good candidate for language, instead
of XML.

Airavata community already have started to implement web base GUI. Hence
introducing a JSON base JavaScript API would be great help. WDYT?

Thanks,
Shameera.

--
Best Regards,