Hi Chathuri,

What I am proposing is each component (irrespective of whether it is actively
called by RPC or passively picks up from work queue) describe its high level
interface through thrift IDL’s. If the component exposes a thrift interface
then the component client is implementing using these interfaces. But if the
component is passive, then there is no server and client but these IDL’s
describe what the component is supposed to do and what it requires. As an
example, validator component interface will be validateExperiment(Experiment
experiment), Similarly the task executor will something like
launchProcess(Process process) and so on.

Within the component it is totally upto to component developer to organize it
based on implementation preferences. For instance current GFac will have thrift
submitJob outside, but will have current GFac interface inside. But no other
component but GFac will care about what GFac interface looks like and is
implemented. The components should only care about submitJob thrift interface.
We should treat components as silo’s and not have dependencies to one another
(beyond clients).

All components have dependencies to airavata common fabric like Registry
Catalogs, Messaging, Suggesting Logging and so on.

Suresh