From: Mangirish Wagle <vaglomangir...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:36 PM
To: "dev@airavata.apache.org" <dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Running MPI jobs on Mesos based clusters

Hello All,

I would like to post for everybody's awareness about the study that I am
undertaking this fall, i.e. to evaluate various different frameworks that would
facilitate MPI jobs on Mesos based clusters for Apache Airavata.

Some of the options that I am looking at are:-

  1.  MPI support framework bundled with Mesos
  2.  Apache Aurora
  3.  Marathon
  4.  Chronos
Some of the evaluation criteria that I am planning to base my investigation
are:-

  *   Ease of setup
  *   Documentation
  *   Reliability features like HA
  *   Scaling and Fault recovery
  *   Performance
  *   Community Support
Gourav and Shameera are working on ansible based automation to spin up a mesos
based cluster and I am planning to use it to setup a cluster for
experimentation.

Any suggestions or information about prior work on this would be highly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mangirish Wagle