@Max
What I've been thinking about recently is creating an abstraction for the
serialization process. I think in general it makes sense to have for e.g.
dynamic DAGs to have a service that periodically serializes DAGs and
uploads them to e.g. a database via some new Airflow DAG Uploader Service.
There should be proper support for authentication models for this
DB/wrapping service. You would also potentially get the ability for users
to submit ad-hoc DAGs to the production server this way too (instead of
needing a custom devel instance).