You can start with:
Add shebang to docs/start_doc_server.sh
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3643

I'm also attaching some issues for anyone to stat with:

Docs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2672

Tests (always a good start):
Add tests for BigQueryToCloudStorageOperator
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1417

Hooks:
S3_hook - add the ability to download file to local disk
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2999

Operators / Sensor:
Add MongoDBToGoogleStorage Opearator (both hooks exist)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3140

Create PostgresTableSensor
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1759

Zeppelin Operator
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1032

UI:
next/previous buttons on DAG Tree View UI
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1851

Bugs:
Airflow DAG object clear function does not clear tasks in the upstream_failed
state when only_failed=True
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3344

Stale PRs that were not finished :
[AIRFLOW-3010] added support for date format to postgres_to_gcs_operator
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/3850

[AIRFLOW-2571] airflow backfill progress bar
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/3478

[AIRFLOW-2280]Add feature in CheckIntervalOperator
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/3186