Hi everyone,

I'd like to start working on a concrete plan to get Airflow 2.0 out, and as a
result I've started updating
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+2.0

In addition to all the tidy up work ("spring cleaning", finish tidy up after
dropping Py2 etc) I'd propose the following 6 high level items:

Knative Executor (AIP-25, currently draft. Being worked on by Daniel Imberman )
Improve Webserver performance (AIP-24, currently draft. Being worked on by
myself, Kaxil Naik and Zhou Fang)
Enhanced real-time UI
Improve Scheduler performance
Extend/finish the API (AIP-13 is part of this, but not all)
Production Docker image + Helm chart
We at Astronomer are committing to work on these in roughly this order if no
one else gets to them first. I also propose that we create SIGs (Special
Interest Groups) in slack with weekly/fortnightly (every 14 days)
"calls"/update sessions. We already have #sig-ui and #sig-dag-serialisation.

This roadmap is also not a promise that all of these will be done before
Airflow 2.0 - we may decide later to push something back to v2.1 etc.

Does anyone disagree strongly with these priorities, or have anything they want
to add that you are willing to work on?

Thanks,
Ash