I agree that global implementation of asserts should happen after 2.0. But in
the meantime it seems reasonable to decided on using asserts in the future and
enforce that all new, not-conflicting tests should be written in pytest way,
thus eliminating number of future changes.

Also, after discussion with Kamil I think it would be good to describe the
agreed approach in TESTING.md.

T.