Depends on your aims.  @Kaxil "...  for it to be meaningful to serve
any purpose." is quite loaded, and *any* seems a bit exaggerated.

There is value in being the go-to content aggregator, and therefore
initials stop, even if whole of content lives elsewhere.

That is different from trying to keep people onsite (or to be the
content source/owner/publisher), which is another valid aim.

Unclear of difference when it comes to search result rankings (not
sure that this would be considered a copy site, for instance) -- if
that is one thing trying to optimize for.

A more fundamental question would be what is trying to get
accomplished through the use of the blogs section.  That would help
determine what practices/guidelines should be in place for it.

Ex:
* Drive traffic through search (therefore need to figure out optimizing that)
* Be the known go-to source (as a user I know that lots of
worthwhile/interesting things are linked to somewhere from the airflow
site and blog sections).
* Be sticky: keep people onsite longer.
* Etc