The original discuss thread is here.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r19014fac5aa2aa15a86890aa438940da263e430cb535ca451ef451a4%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

Proposal is:

- We create a few appropriate issue templates in ./github  -- specifically also
one for "Ask for help" that basically says "Don't ask here, this will be
closed".
- We ask Infra to enable Github Issues on our apache/airflow repo
- We remove the requirement on code changes to need an accompanying Jira ticket
(and we don't replace it with needing a Github Issue either)
- We use Github Milestones to target which PRs should be backported to release
branches.
- We update/port the dev/airflow_jira script from looking at FixVersion in Jira
to look instead at the Milestone.
- We (committers/interested parties) start reviewing the open Jira issues,
manually migrate the ones we think are still relevant to Github Issues, leave a
link (Add Link, not just a comment) on the Jira Issue, and close it with
status "Auto Closed"(?). We could also add a "migrated-to-github" label to
migrated issues.
- After the review is done we bulk-comment on any remaining open issue saying
"We are migrating to Github, and believe this issue is no longer relevant. If
you think otherwise please create an issue at <url>".
- Ask Infra to disable creating new Jira issues for the AIRFLOW project.

There is a bit of a "contention/locking" issue about the migration -- how to
avoid creating duplicate issues. Not the end of the world if we do I guess.

This vote will last for 72 hours, ending 2020-03-19T14:35:00Z, and until 3 +1
votes are cast.

This is my binding +1 vote.

Thanks,
ash