Hello everyone!

This email calls for a vote to add the airflow smart sensor at
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/5499

AIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-17%3A+Consolidate+and+de-duplicate+sensor+tasks+in+airflow+Smart+Sensor

Change summary:

   - Add a new mode called “smart sensor mode”. In smart sensor mode,
   instead of holding a long running process for each sensor and poking
   periodically, a sensor will only store poke context at sensor_instance
   table and then exits with a ‘sensing’ state.
   - When the smart sensor mode is enabled, a special set of builtin smart
   sensor DAGs (named smart_sensor_group_shard_xxx) is created by the system;
   These DAGs contain SmartSensorOperator task and manage the smart sensor
   jobs for the airflow cluster. The SmartSensorOperator task can fetch
   hundreds of ‘sensing’ instances from sensor_instance table and poke on
   behalf of them in batches. Users don’t need to change their existing DAGs.
   - The smart sensor mode currently supports NamedHivePartitionSensor and
   MetastorePartitionSensor however it can easily be extended to support more
   sensor classes.
   - Smart sensor mode on/off, the list of smart sensor enabled classes,
   and the number of SmartSensorOperator tasks can be configured in airflow
   config.
   - Sensor logs in smart sensors are populated to each task instance log
   UI.

A PR https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/5499 is ready for review from
the committers and community.

This email is formally calling for a vote to accept the AIP and PR. Please
note that we will update the PR / feature to fix bugs if we find any.

Best

Yingbo