Hi all,

I have updated our meeting notes document to summarize the discussion from
our dev call for Airflow 2.0 yesterday.

Thank you all who joined the call.

*Doc Link*:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Meeting+Notes#MeetingNotes-#7:5Oct2020

To all those who attended, can you please double-check and add if I have
missed anything?
To all those who didn't join, if you disagree to anything in
the Summary please voice your opinion.

Also please let me know if someone wants to include an item in Next call's
Agenda.

Including the Summary here too (might potentially break formatting):

*Key Decisions*

   - *Scheduler HA*
      -

      *Progress*
      - MySQL 8 tests have been added
         - Adoption of orphaned tasks have been added to Kubernetes and to
         the new CeleryKubernetesExecutor (PR
         <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/10901>)
         - All (but one) Tests are passing
         - Instructions to run the PR with Multiple Schedulers using
         docker-compose have been added (link to the comment
         <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/10956#issuecomment-702997850>
         )
         - Received some reviews on Monday -- Should be addressed by
         today/tomorrow
      - All Big/Critical Concerns have been addressed (escape hatch for
      locks, MySQL 8 tests, Moving callbacks to DagFileProcessor)
      - Room to improve code readability which isn't a blocker and would be
      addressed in follow-up PR
      - Ash is in talks with Kevin to test his Giant DAG to verify
      Scheduler Performance to address one of Kevin Yang's concern
      - There would be a separate PR for retrying transactions to avoid
      deadlocks as suggested by MySQL guide on handling deadlocks
      <https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-deadlocks-handling.html>
   - *API*
      - Kamil and Omair are hoping to complete work on the Task Instance
      Endpoint PR <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/9597> by the end
      of this week
      - James is working to map existing permissions to the UI, hoping to
      complete by end of the week too. Link to PRs
      <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pulls/jhtimmins>
   - *Backport Providers*
      - Backport packages 2020.10.5 will be released
      without cncf.kubernetes. We will create a separate release for
      cncf.kubernetes that will address the issues Kamil found in RCs. Link
      to VOTE thread

<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r4dfc18d2376601667efe7dfaf0bf1c07b840f9bcd9f6311d48cb3c64%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E>
      .
   - *Airflow 1.10.13 Release*
      - Will be released as per the planned timeline (Airflow 2.0 - Planning

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+2.0+-+Planning>)
      i.e. Last Week of October.
   - *Airflow 2.0 Alpha*
      - Revisit on Thursday based on the progress with Scheduler HA & API
      whether we would be able to release first alpha this Friday. If
not we will
      update timelines accordingly.
   - *Other small items*:
      - Kaxil to create Github Issues for the feedback received on the
      Documentation Improvement Thread and create threads asking for VOTES for
      previously discussed items like removing pickles.
      - Vikram will write up, share and all can review on what we mean by
      ALPHA and BETAs.

Regards,
Kaxil