Hello everyone,

After releasing PIP 20.3.3 today we were able to make 2.0 compatible with
the new PIP and 1.10.14 almost works (papermill extra is problematic when
installing airflow using the new PIP). We will try to address it in case we
release 1.10.15 but if you want to install papermill extra, please
downgrade pip or use legacy resolver.

While with 2.0 it seems that Airflow can be installed with new PIP
following our recommended practice, in case you see any installation
problem please report them as issues and downgrade to pip 20.2.4 as a
workaround.

Thanks again to the PyPI team for the fast resolution (just in time for the
2.0 release).

We leave the issue open for a while but we updated the description and
lowered the priority. We will close it once we have observed installations
from our users after 2.0 is released and confirm that the problem is solved
for our users.

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>