ok, how about this:
1) implement "function" approach first. solve all plumbing & ui.
2) then implement "multiple crons" approach using 1).
that way users potentially can use 2) as reference implementation to create
their own custom extensions based on 1).
--
Dmitri

On 2021/02/17 15:47:01, Phil Yardley <p...@dunnhumby.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to offer both? (maybe in two releases)..>
>
> that then allows the user to select the most appropriate for their
scenario. >

> My scenario for example is easy with multiple crons:>
>
> Monday - Thursday run job A at 9pm>
> Friday - run job A at 8pm>
>
> this is easier in cron than writing a python extension to handle it.>
>
> But - having the ability to write a custom method in language x then
satisfies those that need something more complex such as the astronomy
example in the thread.>

> "it looking complicated" to the user, is probably for the user to worry
about - if it looks too complicated, they've probably selected the wrong
way of doing it. (or chosen the simplest and not worried about how it
looks)>