Hey Ryan,

Excited that you’re interested in this- as it turns out, we @ Astronomer have
done some initial work with the dbt team to build an official provider package
for dbt and dbt Cloud. We wrote this blog series a couple of months back, but
we’re really hoping to evolve the integration between Airflow and dbt so that
running dbt models from your Airflow tasks is supported first-party by a
provider and its subsequent modules.

More on that soon, but happy to chat with you and anyone else in the community
about the user patterns you’d like to have supported. Feel free to get in touch.

Pete