From: Ping Zhang <pin...@umich.edu>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 11:58 AM
To: "dev@airflow.apache.org" <dev@airflow.apache.org>, "vik...@astronomer.io"
<vik...@astronomer.io>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL][DISCUSS] Airflow Scheduling Delay Metric Definition

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the
content is safe.

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for pointing that out, 'task latency',

"we define task latency as the time it takes for a task to begin executing once
its dependencies have been met."

It will be great if you can elaborate more about "begin executing" and how you
calculate "its dependencies have been met.".

If the 'begin executing' means the state of ti becomes running, then the
'Scheduling Delay' metric focuses on the overhead introduced by the scheduler.

In our prod and stress test, we use the `task_instance_audit` table ( a new row
is created whenever there is state change in task_instance table) to compute
the time of a ti should be scheduled.

Thanks,

Ping

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 11:25 AM Vikram Koka <vik...@astronomer.io.invalid>