I propose let's not "diverge" the discussion with this specific case
and whether it's easy or not. Let's focus on general approach and
whether the approach to make a policy makes sense in this (or
different way) but let's not argue if it is easy to deploy airflow
with mutliple different versions or not - this is a different topic
and if you think you have a case where you would like to introduce the
capabiliy of running airflow this way (which is a new and first time
raised feature) - i propose you start different thread Alexander.