Hey everyone,

We had some discussions in the past about codifying the approach we have
for the Github Issues and PRs of ours / Milestones - so that users can know
what to expect.

We have - I believe - pretty good understanding of it amongst those who are
involved in the release management but I guess a number of people (even
committers) are not sure how it works. Last week there were a few questions
from a few committers "How do I make sure PR gets into 2.7.3" and a number
of users/contributors have a different understanding of what it means for
an issue or PR to be marked as "2.7.3" milestone.

Example discussion that triggered my attempt to describe it was
https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/32928#issuecomment-1783709930

I created a proposal describing what I think is the current "status quo" -
how we treat milestones.  Looking for Reviews/comments proposals (and
generally comment if we think it's a good idea to describe it. I think
there is no harm, and even if some users will not read it, we will always
be able to just point them to the chapter if they have doubt, or bad
assumptions.

PR here: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/35245 (and likely - as
usual it can be shortened, written in better English etc.) - just started
to get discussion about it.