If I do not miss something, usage of DB is not covered by Airflow Public
Interface, in this case we could easily replace one-by-one sync methods by
async.
There is some places exists where it might be mixin, as mentioned before
Secrets Backend, but it could be done by wrapping it into the:
- sync_to_async
- asyncio.to_thread (Python 3.9+)
- One of the anyio capabilities to run sync code into the async (threads or
processes)