I think relying on connections wrapped in the task execution context makes
sense as a way to retrieve the connections to be used by OpenLineage.
Similarly, lineage backend relied on the task instance context in the past (
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/dc61da2509536bb509a4a2e1781ff47aa36b62b4/airflow/lineage/backend.py#L44;
not sure if connections were included in it though). It also has the
benefit of the appropriate connections (and authorized for the task) being
present in the task context, and not querying db for connections, having
access to all that are defined. One thing we'd need to verify is how that
context is serialised/persisted (if it is at all), so that we don't
proliferate any connection data.