Hi all,

If you would like to participate in the development of Airflow 3, please
join the dev calls starting next week. The calls will be open to anyone in
the community.

*Schedule*: Starting May 30, 2024, at 04:00 PM BST (3 PM GMT/UTC | 11 AM
EST | 8 AM PST), it will be weekly until we agree on the principles and
fortnightly after that.
*One-time registration Link*:
https://astronomer.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAsde2vqDwpE9XrBAbCeIFHA_l7OLywrWkG
*Add to your calendar*:
https://astronomer.zoom.us/meeting/tZAsde2vqDwpE9XrBAbCeIFHA_l7OLywrWkG/calendar/google/add

The meeting notes from the call will also be posted on the dev mailing list
and Confluence for archival purposes (for example
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Meeting+Notes>). At
the end of each call, I would solicit ideas for the agenda for the next
call and propose it to the broader group on the mailing list.

Some of the items that should be discussed in the upcoming calls IMO:

   - Agreeing on Principles
   - Agreeing on the Guidelines that help decide if a feature should be in
   Airflow 3 or not.
   - Workstream & Stream Owners
   - Airflow 2 support policy
   - Separate discussions for each big workstream including one for items
   to remove & refactor (e.g dropping MySQL)
   - Discussion to streamline the development of Airflow 3
   - Finalize Scope + Timelines
   - Migration Utilities
   - Progress check-ins

I will send a separate email for the first dev call in the next few days.

Regards,
Kaxil