Hi Apache Airflow Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to propose the addition of a new provider to Apache Airflow
for YDB, an open-source distributed SQL database. As a versatile and
scalable database, YDB offers a range of features that can greatly benefit
the Airflow ecosystem and its users. More information about YDB can be
found on their official website: ydb.tech (https://ydb.tech/).

YDB’s open-source nature aligns perfectly with the principles of
collaboration and transparency that underpin the Apache Airflow project. By
integrating YDB as a provider in Apache Airflow, we can leverage its robust
capabilities to enhance workflow management for a variety of use cases.
Here are some of the potential benefits:

1. Scalability and Performance: YDB is designed to handle large-scale data
loads efficiently. Its integration into Airflow would provide users with a
high-performance option for managing complex data workflows.
2. SQL Compatibility: YDB supports standard SQL queries, making it a
familiar and accessible choice for users transitioning from other SQL
databases.
3. Open-Source Community: As an open-source project, YDB benefits from
continuous improvements and contributions from its user base. Integrating
it into Airflow encourages further collaboration and shared innovations.
4. Enhanced Flexibility: Adding YDB as a provider would offer Airflow users
more flexibility in choosing the right database solution for their specific
requirements, thereby broadening the scope and appeal of Apache Airflow.

Moreover, I would like to offer our commitment to not only write this YDB
provider but also to maintain and support it over the long term. Ensuring
the reliability and enhancement of the provider will be a priority for us,
and we are dedicated to contributing to the Apache Airflow community
through this effort.

The addition of a YDB provider will also foster a stronger connection
between our communities, enabling knowledge exchange and potential
collaborative developments. Open-source projects thrive on diversity and
inclusivity, and this addition would support that dynamic ecosystem.

I am willing to contribute to the development and integration effort to
ensure a smooth and effective implementation. Please let me know if there
are any specific guidelines or processes that I should follow to initiate
this proposal.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to your feedback
and the possibility of enriching Apache Airflow with YDB support.

Best Regards,
Sergey