> I think we still need to enable the ability for DAGs at parse time to
access Variables.

It's actually DISCOURAGED ;) to access Variables at parse time - though we
have an experimental feature to make it efficient and we discussed whether
to treat it as "good practice" and there was strong opposition to that ....
So I am not actually sure what will be our position on it.