I'm a bit averse to having it answer questions (the similar issues part) as
I believe that's a slippery slope to where it could start being used to
provide actual answers. I personally would be more comfortable with
answering still being restricted to maintainers/contributors and maybe
restricting the bot to just tagging similar issues while still requiring a
human to provide advice based on that similarity.

Just my personal 2 cents. I'm not too strongly opposed to using it.
--
Regards,
Aritra Basu