Good discussion here, few points from our perspective:

- +1 for separating DAG submission into an API endpoint or SDK method. Not
only it creates a clean interface boundary for a parsed DAG, but also
enables other modes of using that endpoint, e.g. event-driven, which could
be a prelude for on-demand DAG processing without the parsing
loop, executing DAG parsing remotely, etc.

- With the interface for DAG submission, the DAG lifecycle of parsing /
serialisation / execution could be decoupled, both technically and in terms
of the AIPs & workstreams of Airflow 3. Having aligned on the boundary
shape, the Google team would be happy to contribute to the DAG parsing /
processing part (which would be a separate AIP, potentially feeding DAGs
into AIP-72).

- DAG parser/processor should assume identity and related accesses in a
similar way to executor described in AIP-72. I don't think they should be
the same component, but could reuse the same parts. The exact shape (and
flow) of DAG parser/processor should be decoupled into a separate AIP
(we're happy to drive this).

- Moving callback execution to workers seems like the right move. Since
some callbacks might have 'central' dependencies, we could have two types
of callbacks: 1) regular callbacks, executed on worker, and 2) remote
callbacks, executed wherever, based on a predefined interface.

Let's discuss further in tomorrow's meeting!