>From the earlier discussions with David - this is also (and mainly) about
optimisation. Those operators do very little, and when you add total
overhead that Airflow adds for scheduling and running every task, then it
turns out that looping such operator's execute in a single interpreter is
many, many times faster (several orders of magnitude) than running them
sequentially as tasks.