Resolving PRs (i.e. cold case or recently submitted) & releasing new
versions in a timely manner are both part meeting community expectations.
In this case, they are not tied to each other - the Cold Case PR clean-up
activity is a call-to-action.

We can all run the RC once it is cut - we are waiting for some guidance
from Max right now.
-s