FYI, there is an existing pr and proposal for improving sensor efficiency(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2747 and
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/3596/files) by the
community.

For your idea, I am not sure if it is a good idea to add this dag dependent
functionality to the existing scheduler given its logic is already quite
complicated.