Hi Jason,

Thanks for bringing this up. For contributors, the best way to notify
people would be to tag them in comments. This is another good reason to add
[component] tags to the PR title, so that committers who are working on
those components can pro-actively take a look at the newly opened pull
requests. The committers of the community should actively check newly
created PRs and resolve them. If the PR is not reviewed by any committer
for a long time, then the contributor can try pinging the committers by
tagging them in comments as I mentioned before. Relevant committers can be
found by doing a git blame on the files contributed in the patch.

Thanks,
Vivek Ratnavel

--
-Vivek Ratnavel S